The Donor Services Manager (DSM) reports to the Associate Director, Membership & Donor Services and plays a key role in planning and implementing SFJAZZ’s fundraising program by prioritizing Department work flow and providing information and analysis on both individual and institutional prospects and funding sources. The DSM manages administration of the Development Department’s portion of Tessitura CRM system, supervises two Donor Services Assistants, manages gift entry and acknowledgement, solicitations, and revenue reporting. The DSM works collegially with other members of the department as well as other staff across the organization to make sure departmental projects and objectives are achieved in an efficient and timely manner.
Reports To: Associate Director, Membership & Donor Services
About SFJAZZ: SFJAZZ is one of the world’s most popular and important presenters of jazz. The SFJAZZ Center is a beautiful and perfect stage for jazz artists and the community to celebrate the living American art form of jazz. The $64 million dollar Center launched in 2013 and the 33-year-old non-profit organization now crafts distinguished programming and education services from the heart of the San Francisco arts district. The budget for the 2015-16 Season is more than $14 million with about half coming from ticket revenues.
- Supervise two Donor Services staff in all aspects of gift entry, acknowledgement, pledge billing, membership renewals, and general donor record upkeep;
- Manage relationships with outside vendors and consultants in the execution of department mailings and communications projects;
- Manage the Development Job Form request process and project calendar for the department, assigning administrative tasks, addressing resource conflicts, and monitoring timelines towards completion.
- Lead weekly meetings with Donor Services and other staff.
- Produce regular and ad hoc gift reports for Development Department and other staff and board, including progress toward annual and comprehensive campaign goal.
- Using the Tessitura database and other software, develop and maintain record-keeping systems for all individual and institutional donors and prospects, including research, solicitation activities, contribution reports, and donor fulfillment.
- Oversee the upkeep of department procedures policies.
- Conduct income reconciliations with Finance Department for departmental revenue and expenses, including contributed revenue workbook and reconciliation reports.
- Serve as primary contact to IT staff and third-party consultants regarding all Tessitura-related customization and maintenance efforts; Lead software upgrades for Development Department; Track Development IT projects with staff and vendors.
- Provide Tessitura and other technical trainings to Development staff and volunteers; Ensure that Development staff follow database best practices and understand resources/tools available to the department.
- Efficiently track donor levels for annual fund and comprehensive campaign.
- With Director of Development, define department best practices for donor portfolio management; Work with gift officers to communicate and maintain best practices.
- Work with Events Associate and other staff to build and track Development special events within Tessitura.
- Serve as customer service liaison for donor inquiries.
- Work collaboratively and professionally within the Development team and within the organization at large.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Associate Director, Membership & Donor Services.
- Bachelor's degree and three to five years of direct experience within a nonprofit development department, including one to two years of experience managing others.
- Extensive knowledge of and experience with Tessitura or other donor database.
- Strong attention to detail, the ability to prioritize and organize multiple projects.
- Ability to work well with multiple personalities across position levels and departments.
- Proven experience taking complex, multi-layered projects from start to finish.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- High-level of proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to build rapport with donors and the public with diplomacy and discretion.
- Ability to take initiative and work well with minimum supervision.
- Ability to appropriately handle confidential and sensitive documents.
- Professional and happy demeanor and appearance.
- Able to work some evenings and weekends as needed.
- Interest in jazz and jazz related music.
The work schedule varies from customary office hours to unpredictable hours, with the potential for long hours during critical periods and special events. This job occasionally requires work during evenings and weekends.
To Apply:Please send your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to email@example.com. Mention “Donor Services Manager” in the subject line. Resumes without salary requirements will not be considered.
SFJAZZ is an equal opportunity employer and is seeking to create a diverse and harmonious workplace.