SFJAZZ is seeking an experienced full-time Office Manager. This position is responsible for providing venue scheduling and office management services in support of all SFJAZZ departments. The successful candidate will execute office support services in coordination with the Operations Team. This individual is a member of the management core, having accountability for office systems coordination and facilitation, organization-wide calendaring platform oversight and office systems productivity training. As a key member of the SFJAZZ team the Office Manager will provide critical operational infrastructure interface to the ongoing focus of creating a supportive and optimized work environment.
Reports to: Director of Operations
About SFJAZZ: SFJAZZ is one of the world’s most popular and important presenters of jazz. The SFJAZZ Center is a beautiful and perfect stage for jazz artists and the community to celebrate the living American art form of jazz. The $64 million dollar Center launched in 2013 and the 33-year-old non-profit organization now crafts distinguished programming and education services from the heart of the San Francisco arts district. The budget for the 2015-16 Season is more than $14 million with about half coming from ticket revenues.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manages, maintains, and rolls out the organizational calendar in Artifax, SFJAZZ’ scheduling and management platform; contributing to design and overseeing adherence to established protocol.
- Coordinates cross-functionally with all departments on organization-wide projects and events.
- Maintains office services by organizing office operations and procedures; controlling correspondence; coordinating filing, storage and archival systems; facilitating office supply requirements; and monitoring administrative services functions.
- Coordinates with Facilities Manager on office efficiency through the planning and implementation of office systems, layouts, and equipment procurement.
- In coordination with IT, provides execution support for the maintenance and optimization of the AYAVA VOIP eco-system, as well as the partnership
- Collects and maintains data on facility usage; produces organizational scheduling-layer reports for internal and external constituents.
- Overall support to staff.
- Any other duties as assigned.
Status & Scope:
- Comfortable operating in a fast-paced, creative, entrepreneurial, technology-forward, not-for-profit cultural institution.
- Ability to manage sizable workloads concurrently and prioritize tasks in a fast-paced work environment.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, including strong English verbal and written communication skills.
- Work collaboratively and professionally within the Operations & Development team and the organization at large.
- Curiosity and habit of learning and educating others on new uses of existing application platforms and technologies related to office systems and venue calendaring.
- Ability to work as part of a team and collaborate with co-workers, vendors, and others as needed to perform assigned work duties.
- Artifax experience preferred
- Minimum of five-years administration and/or office management experience, a bachelor’s degree in a related field of study, or an equivalent combination thereof
- General knowledge of automated and manual office operations, including communication functions
- Physically able to walk, stand, climb stair, and lift up to 30 pounds
- Proficiency in the Microsoft and integrated cloud applications environment
- Industry experience with event and/or venue management software a plus.
Working Conditions: The work schedule includes customary office hours plus potential for overtime hours during critical periods such as Festival weeks and special events. Position may require standing for long periods of time and the ability to lift up to 50+lbs.
Salary: Based upon professional and academic experience.
To Apply: To be considered, please send us your resume, cover letter and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include “Office Manager” in the subject line. Resumes will be accepted until position filled. Please no phone calls or faxes.
SFJAZZ is an equal opportunity employer and is seeking to create a diverse and harmonious workplace.