The Education Administrative Assistant supports the Education Department with multiple tasks directly affecting day to day operations. Must be able to multi-task, be thoroughly organized, detail-oriented and deadline driven. Excellent computer skills needed; must be able to work independently and with limited input.
Reports to: Education Program Manager
About SFJAZZ: SFJAZZ is one of the world’s most popular and important presenters of jazz. The SFJAZZ Center is a beautiful and perfect stage for jazz artists and the community to celebrate the living American art form of jazz. The $64 million dollar Center launched in 2013 and the 33-year-old non-profit organization now crafts distinguished programming and education services from the heart of the San Francisco arts district.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage and track department invoices and check requests
- Take weekly meeting notes, following up on action items and calendaring as needed
- Departmental surveys and Document management
- Update Education contact lists regularly using Tessitura and Google Docs
- Manage Internal Education Calendar
- Assist with mailings as needed
- Assist at Education events as needed (both on and off-site)
- Research and help maintain mailing lists
- Proof read marketing and website materials
- Photo archiving
- Assistance with Jazz in the Middle and Jazz in Session scheduling
- Scanning and copying of music for ensembles and clinics
- CD and supply inventory and sales tracking
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Positive and helpful outlook
- Strong knowledge of Google Docs, Microsoft Word & Excel or similar programs
- Experience using Tessitura (or commensurate knowledge of a similar database)
- Ability to read music a plus but not necessary
- Detail oriented, excellent proofreading skills
- Ability to write a professional and clear email to a variety of clients
- Non-profit and/or Performing Arts background
- Minimum of 2 years of customer service experience
- Basical music and music industry literacy a plus
Education: College degree preferred
To Apply: Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com Resumes without all the requested information or sent to other email addresses may not be considered. Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled. No phone calls please.
SFJAZZ is an equal opportunity employer and is seeking to create a diverse and harmonious workplace.