The Human Resources Generalist will oversee HR functions for a staff of approximately 100 full and part time employees. The successful candidate will assist the Director of Finance to drive initiatives that are in line with HR strategy, organization’s strategic priorities, and core values. The position is responsible for maintaining & implementing personnel policies and procedures, recruitment, orientation, performance management, employee relations, benefits administration, retirement plan, leaves of absence, workers compensation, and compliance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Reports to: Director of Finance
About SFJAZZ: SFJAZZ is one of the world’s most popular and important presenters of jazz. The SFJAZZ Center is a beautiful and perfect stage for jazz artists and the community to celebrate the living American art form of jazz. The $64 million dollar Center launched in 2013 and the 33-year-old non-profit organization now crafts distinguished programming and education services from the heart of the San Francisco arts district. The budget for the 2015-16 Season is more than $14 million with about half coming from ticket revenues.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Administer standard recruiting procedures for the organization. Support Department Directors in the hiring process including compensation packages, onboarding, and background checks.
- Perform HRIS process including the input, maintenance of employee data ensuring timeliness, completeness and accuracy of personnel records.
- Administers employee benefits.
- Handles employee relation issues in a timely and effective fashion. Counsels employees and/or managers in a variety of issues.
- Manage workers compensation and other claims. Work cross-departmentally to ensure compliance with health and safety program compliance.
- Assist in developing processes, policies, and procedures.
- This list of duties and responsibilities is not to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities that management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- 4 plus years of HR experience
- Experience in planning, developing, implementing & administrating Human Resource programs in employment, compensation, benefits, employee relations, and training
- Proven ability to consistently and positively contribute in a high-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal, teamwork and organizational skills.
- Positive attitude and enthusiasm for jazz music.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills, with an emphasis on tact and diplomacy.
To Apply: Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org Resumes without all the requested information or sent to other email addresses may not be considered. Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled. No phone calls please.
SFJAZZ is an equal opportunity employer and is seeking to create a diverse and harmonious workplace.